Unlimited: The Gospel Is Better Than Law
Mar 23, 2020 804
You’ve heard it said that the Gospel is better than law – let’s unpack why this is the case.
The law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ (John 1:17, NKJV).
Any religion that eclipses the Cross of Christ by the Mount of Sinai is a false religion; in whatever church it may happen.
The Gospel Is Better Than Law
- The law says, “Do this and you will live.”
- But the Gospel says, “Live and you will do.”
- The law says “Pay me what thou owe.”
- The Gospel says, “I freely forgive you everything”.
- The law says, “The wages of sin is death.”
- But the Gospel says, “The gift of God is eternal life.”
- The law says, “The soul that sins shall die.”
- The Gospel says “Whoever believes in me, though he were dead, yet he will live.”
- The law says, “Get yourselves a new heart.”
- The Gospel says, “I will give you a new heart.”
- The law says “You will love or else.”
- The Gospel says “Here is love: not that we’ve loved God, but that He loved us and gave Himself a sacrifice for our sins.”
- When the law was given at Mount Sinai, 3,000 people died in a matter of days.
- When the Gospel was proclaimed at Pentecost, 3,000 people lived.
- Three thousand sermons on the law won’t convert one person.
- One sermon on the Gospel will convert 3,000.
The Gospel Is Better Than Law!
– Des Ford (adapted)
Eli’s Reflection: Had you thought of it like this before? If you like it, print it out and put it in your Bible or somewhere where you won’t forget it.